14 August, 2013

Do I really need another expensive hobby?

The answer, of course, is no.  But it is SO tempting.  One of the things I did with my sister when I was visiting these past few days was spend an afternoon and evening making jewelery.  I made a necklace a few years ago when I was down there but this time I got into a few more advanced techniques like wire wrapping.  It is so much fun and she has all the tools and tons and tons of beads and wire and jump rings and beads and beads and more crystals and just about anything you could think of.  I made a wonderful necklace - pictures to come later.  And a little pendant with some of the faceted stones I bought before I went down. 

I had such a wonderful time!  Santa Monica is a wonderful place to live and her apartment, while old and with no dishwasher or elevator, is located less than 2 miles from the beach.  We walked down there twice, running a gauntlet of adorable shops and restaurants.  We had a late birthday party Friday with my sister and nephew, for which I bought the most expensive cake around but also the best.  Saturday we had a birthday/housewarming party so there wasn't much lounging around done since we had to get the party ready Saturday and do the clean up on Sunday.  I did manage to get caught up on sleep and we had all of Monday to basically goof off (make jewelery) and I wasn't in any rush to get to the airport yesterday because I had a late afternoon flight.

The weather was surprisingly cooler than Seattle and that's the big news down there - that Seattle has been above 80 and LA below.  I slept well in the cooler air.  And I did start another knitting project, but it happened to be Sunday night when we were relaxing and having martinis so ... yeah, I didn't get much of a start at all. 

I got to the airport in plenty of time yesterday and even saw two of my favorite actors from Once Upon A Time (Snow and Charming) who seem to be a real life couple too.  It was quiet at the airport, not a madhouse like SeaTac was on Friday.  Of course what do you expect when you fly on a Friday in the summer.  Tuesday at LAX - a cakewalk.

I was so happy to get home but it was/is so hot still.  It is supposed to get back to normal soon. I will like that.  And now -- SO much work to do!

No comments: