16 August, 2013

Muggy muggy muggy

Wow ... is it every muggy!  I don't mind too much in the daytime but at night it's a little hard to sleep.  And impossible to cook.  Wednesday night dinner was a big shrimp salad.  Last night steamed mussels (they don't have to cook very long, thankfully) and another big salad.  Now that I know how to cook them I want to do it all the time.  What a delicious and easy dinner. 

It was a lovely night actually.  I got a new knitting magazine in the mail and there was pre-season football.  The Chargers - who the Seahawks beat last week - and the Bears.  It is so nice to have football back.

While I was going through my magazine I came across a new service called Yarnbox that is a yarn subscription service.  I am sorry I didn't sign up for it last night because the web site is now jammed up.  I didn't get myself a birthday present so I thought I'd give this a try.  Me and a million other people it seems.  I got right on the site last night but this morning I cannot.  I had the page saved on my iPad so I went there to sign up since I couldn't get on with my desktop, but now it's stuck at the registration page.  Everybody going through their Interweave Knits magazine trying to get on I suppose.  I'll keep trying but this does not bode well.

I am going to have a nice, lazy, do nothing much weekend.  I have a hair appointment and must get the mani/pedi done as well but nothing else is on my plate except cleaning and laundry.  I am SO looking forward to a quiet weekend.  Let's hope it stays that way.  Maybe I can even get a little knitting done!

No comments: