06 August, 2013

The new worst bus driver

I got to the transit station about the same time as I normally do today but when I got on my bus the driver was different.  He took off before I had taken my seat and drove like a crazy person.  At the next stop I got up and asked if he was indeed the #67 and he was.  I then realized that he was running late and he was the earlier bus.  It hadn't been noted on the OneBusAway app.  So this guy was trying to make up time I guess.  He was racing through the stops and alternately slamming on the brakes and accelerating like a madman.  It made me quite sea sick.

I worked from home yesterday because I had one of those weekends.  The party on Saturday was a lot of fun.  The rain stopped and the sun came out and it was beautiful!  And then 4 o'clock Sunday morning I woke up and immediately knew what was up.  One of those lady things that can usually be taken care of with a lot of water and cranberry juice.  So I spent the next 3 hours drowning myself in juice and trying to flush it out.  By noon I was feeling okay and went out to the bead store to get some beads for my trip - Kelli and I are going to make jewelery.  Then stopped for a yummy Indian lunch.  But again in the late afternoon it started up and it was even worse!  Sleep was a futile effort.  From 8 o'clock on I was up every 15 to 30 minutes until 2 am, when I fell asleep for a couple of hours.  Insane!  I didn't want to go to the emergency room for something like this and I knew it would be hours before I got to see my own doctor so at 8 I went downstairs to the UW Neighborhood Clinic right across the square and by 8:30 I had seen the doctor and was on the way to pick up my prescription!  Whew!  It took a few hours to kick in but by the afternoon I was feeling nearly normal.  It was a hideous experience.

Things are heating up but I was able to keep up at home yesterday.  And it was not quite so horrible because the portable air conditioner was chugging away.  It keeps a portion of the apartment cool and you can't ask for more than that.  I wasn't up very late anyway, having had very little sleep in the last couple of days.  I was out like a light and slept great.

So now the birthday week can truly begin.  I wasn't feeling much in the birthday mood Sunday.  Nothing much is actually going on until my birthday proper when I'm going out to the Ram to watch the first pre-season Seahawks game.  Yay!!!  Then off to California on Friday morning.  In the meantime there is lots and lots of work to be done.

No comments: