20 August, 2013

We are really getting spoiled!

Yes, another gorgeous summer day here in Seattle!   It is like living in California.  I predict a bunch of very unhappy people in October.  We are all going to miss this, but in the meantime I take every opportunity to enjoy it.  Yesterday at lunch I went for a stroll through campus, as I have been doing ever since I changed my run to 6 am rather than noon.  And that way it's a double good thing because I get to enjoy the park that is our campus.  It is very nice also when there are not so many students milling about.  Not that I don't like students ... I mean, I wouldn't have a job without them, would I?

While it was hot yesterday it was also breezy so that kept it relatively comfortable.  As I said, the air conditioner is way too noisy to run while trying to sleep and it doesn't really get to the bedroom (sleeping cove) anyway.  It was just that much cooler last night where the fan did the trick, with the help of the open slider, and I slept pretty well. 

I just read that Elmore Leonard has passed away.  He's one of my favorite authors.  A very prolific writer.  I'll miss his work.

Speaking of work -- it was too hot to cook so I made a gorgeous, delicious chicken salad for dinner and did manage to get a few more rows of the cowl done.  Oh I love love LOVE this yarn!  I wish I was just as in love with the colorway.  I will just have to keep my eyes open for sales.  I did get my Yarnbox subscription finally and I can't wait for that!  It's like Secret Pal except you pay for it.  I got a three month subscription and I'll see how good the yarn is.  It's not cheap, but the box previews I saw on Ravelry looked pretty good.

No comments: