06 January, 2015

Time to start planning

I made the plane reservations months ago, but I haven't really gotten down to setting my itinerary for the three weeks in April and May.  And I have GOT to start planning!  I have fourteen weeks to go, and I've not gotten any farther than a vague idea of where we should go.  I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this but the time has come and plans need to be at least starting to be formed.  I did figure that taking the train to Venice, while a fun way to go on a sleeper, is a waste of time and money.  So we'll fly to Venice from Paris.  And then?  Florence I think.  After that?  I am torn - I am not all that keen on Rome and instead maybe we'll go to the coast.  I don't want this trip to be one mad dash after another.  I want plenty of time to just sit and absorb.  It's been so long since I've spent any time in Italy.  I think the last time was when I was living in Paris and my friend got married in Italy.  That's nearly 15 years ago -- well, it will be 15 years in June.  Isn't that crazy?

Do Nothing Monday was glorious.  The house was clean, the dinner just needed to be heated.  A couple doggie walks, a nice hot shower and in bed with a book and a nice glass of wine at 8 o'clock.  I know it sounds slothful, but a couple of hours in bed with a good book is a luxury.  And not something that you can do in the spring and summer when it's still light outside!  I guess I must have had my fill of knitting, what with knitting five hats before Christmas and then my stay-cation day knitting.  I haven't picked up either piece since Friday, or maybe Saturday.  Tomorrow is noon knitting so I know I'll get at least two rows done then.

I am really anxious to start running again.  My asthma is finally back under control.  My foot .... a little dicey, especially after that incident last month.  But I am wearing high heels to work and changing into my running shoes in the afternoon for a long walk.  The high heels are a challenge but I believe as long as I keep switching back to flat shoes after a few hours it'll be fine.  In other words, I have been able to keep from aggravating it to the point of needing to ice it.  By the middle of this month I should be out there doing my 3 miles.  I WILL be out there.

No comments: