31 August, 2005

Oh for a good night's sleep!

I am so sleep deprived right now I am seeing double. Well okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration but still, I am t-i-r-e-d! Huge long day yesterday - straight from work to a dinner party that I helped put together, then of course, I had to stay for the dinner. I hardly got in the door and got changed before my phone rang. It was a friend needing help putting together a wine list. It didn't help that he must have been drinking the wine for a couple hours before he decided he needed to make the list. He needed help formatting his Word document, so two or three email exchanges later I had fixed the list enough so that he could finish it. I hope. I quit checking messages at 9. Oh all I wanted was to sit down and read the paper in peace, then fall asleeeeeeeep. But little Tink needed play time and you can't blame her. Cooped up all day with a silly cat that refused to play. So we played "chase the squirrel" until I was cross-eyed. I had to wear her out so she would sleep. I did fall asleep but must have awakened 3 or 4 times during the night thinking about work. Thank goodness it's a 3-day weekend coming up, is all I can say. And I'm hoping for bad weather so I can't work in the yard, because that's really what I should be doing. It's not too hot here - only 65 today. It makes for perfect running weather, especially when it's a bit cloudy and even though it's a bit early the leaves are starting to fall on the trail because it's been such a dry summer. I love running in this weather. It's very very hot in Paris though - 91 today. Even so, I am homesick.

No comments: