19 August, 2005

What I learned yesterday

I was tinkering with my template yesterday, adding some links, and I was looking through some of the other options that are available for this blog. One of them is a yes/no toggle to let your site be catalogued by a particular blog site. I said yes and wow! what a mistake!! In a matter of minutes "comments" were coming in. They weren't really comments but spamming from commercial blogs! I have my comments set for "anyone" rather than the other option which is that one must be a registered user of this blogger to comment. I turned off the option as soon as I could. What a hassle. All is well now.

I thought I was going to have to work this weekend but just found out that I don't have to work after all! Yay!! That means that I should be able to finish up this cardigan. The sleeves have about 3 or 4 more hours to go, at the most. I'd say I've got about 8 more hours to go on this one. I think I'm going to time myself for the next project, just for fun.

1 comment:

SylvChezPlum said...

Oh, have to check that now !!! But yeah, I see so many of those terrible spam comments that NO-ONE ever reads I guess. It sucks. And this "timber-guy" above, he's left spam everywhere too. Like we knitters care about investing in timber... ;-)