12 June, 2006

And another Monday rolls around

It was all in all a productive weekend and I feel pretty good about it. I didn't get everything done I wanted to, but hey ... it was the weekend fer cryin' out loud!!

Friday night I intended to get some good knitting done BUT the mail brought a book that I had ordered for my Secret Pal and I thought that I should probably take a look at it before I sent it to her in case I wanted to get a copy for myself. Makes sense, doesn't it? So I sat down with some nice jazz on the iPod, a frosty cold Moose Drool at my elbow and cracked open "Mason Dixon Knitting". Good heavens! I thought I was an obsessed knitting freak (not that there's anything wrong with that) until I read this book. Wow. When do they have time to do anything else?? The stuff in there is incredible. And then all their group projects and rugs and blankets .... makes my head spin. Still trying to decide if I'm going to get a copy for myself. But it was definitely worth reading.

Saturday was cloudy and not too hot, which was fine because my garden guy came at 10 and when he finished up with edging the front and went to tackle the back, I got out there and did a sold 3 + hours weeding and cleaning up in the front. It still looks bad, but just not as bad.

I started a bunny from one of my Secret Pal's boxes. It is going to be so cute! I was going to get stuffing for it Sunday, but after I got done at the garden store and the grocery store I knew I didn't have the patience to wrestle with the crowds at the fabric/yarn mega store. So I'll do it later this week.

And that's the news that fit to print. I am waiting for Wednesday when I am getting some news about a potential visitor. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

A visitor? Pray, do tell?

Good job on the yard work...you already know what I did. :)

Just wanted to let you know that this weeks package will be towards the end of the week...need to pick up a specific item or two before I can mail out. Let's just say, this knitting themed project has "Tink" in mind...I'll keep you posted when it finally makes it to the post office.

Sherrill said...

P.S. Shelley...I have so enjoyed this round of SP...you have been a blast to spoil, I enjoy reading your blog (daily) and love Weaving Works too. I only get up there twice a year or so.