20 June, 2006

Will these clouds EVER go??

I know it's June. I know .... and yet I keep waiting for some sunshine. On a positive note, it's not raining like it was on Friday - which was torrential. Oh but for some blue sky. I guess I'll just have to settle for raspberries for my morning kick instead of sunshine.

I had a totally awesome run yesterday at lunch. I had to talk myself into getting out there but I am so glad I did because it was one of those times when I felt like I had wings on my feet and could have run for 30 more minutes. It will be a much mellower afternoon today because I've finally gotten my second package ready for my Secret Pal and need to get it up to the Post Office.

My spoiler Secret Pal has sent me a riddle of sorts to announce the next package. I've never been very good at them so I am not even going to guess.

I didn't knit last night. It was pick-up-the-nephew night --- the last one until next school year -- and so I got home rather later than usual and decided to finish up the last Harry Potter book, which I so indulgently bought myself Friday night. It was a good one. I have a hard time believe they're written for children considering how dark this one was. Tonight I'm going to concentrate on the cardigan and try to get the sleeves done and start working on the body only. I am liking the color.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

I'm not a riddler either, Shelley...esp. with my off the cuff make up the riddle as I go for your next parcel. The postman will be delivering it in the next day or two. Small and flat.

Yep...how much more drearier can it get. I saw a huge tent put up down a well traveled street coming home from work...hmmm, I actually thought it was too early to put the Fireworks Tent up...then I realized, it's the 20th of June. Summer solstice is upon us.

Post pics of cardi as you progress...would love to see it.