13 June, 2006

My little huntress

That would be Tink. And when do you suppose she wanted to go hunting? Oh yeah ... about midnight. Between my house and the one immediately to the north we have a large juniper hedge and also ivy. My whole back yard is enclosed by this hedge and along the back of my yard is an alley and all of the neighbors have trees and shrubs and hedges. Plenty of places for rodents to hide and scamper and rustle and make lovely siren songs for my dog. I have seen raccoons and opossums and moles and squirrels and rats -- not at the same time, mind you. But we know they're around and last night something was out there. My window was open and Tink got wind of it and "needed" to go out. I thought she had to go potty but no, she had to go huntin'. The neighbors must just llllove me! The snuffling and rustling they don't hear, but once the cornered creature starts to move, then she barks. I ended up having to go outside and fetch her in, because she just would NOT come. And I was mad, too! It had been raining and she was holed up near the gate, the path to which is overgrown with moisture holding ferns. I got soaked! What a rascal! When she was about six months old she ran down a rat at my ex-boyfriend's house and I don't suppose she's ever forgotten it.

I got some GREAT knitting done last night! I am having so much fun doing this little rabbit. I've never done a toy before and it's kind of cool the way it's coming together. I got the arms done and started on the face before I finally had to call it day. I am hoping tonight I can finish the knitting of it and start the finishing. I think I'll get some pink floss for the nose. My Secret Pal sent along some black which I will use for the eyes and maybe whiskers. And I'm going to have to make a fuzzy tail as well. As I look at this I am thinking it might be cute felted. Not this on though - this is my first and it's going to be as the pattern directs. Then maybe I'll go off if/when I make another. I need to check with my friend and find out when they get their new baby. In a cotton or superwash yarn I think it would be a cute gift for a baby.

Well and now I should do some work.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Tell Tink that this weeks theme is "Woof". :)

Package goes out tomorrow...