30 June, 2006

I'm just ignoring it

... "it" being the fact that I can't breath. Maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away. That's how I'm operating today. sshhhhhh

I finished up that little Noro pouch and put a picot edging on the bind off. It's very cute. Pictures to follow. I am quite sure I have enough left to make another one so I can perfect the pattern. I love the seamlessness of it. Maybe after I make this second one I'll get another skein and make a big one. I'd really like to add beads but I don't know ... well, on second though I'm sure they do have beads with large enough holes. The way Noro is dyed it knits up with such great grand swaths of color to play with when you are doing a smaller project. The pouch I made yesterday starts off brown on the bottom, then a wide patch of pink and then it moves on to blues and as luck would have it the picot edge is a gorgeous vibrant cobalt blue. The next one will start out almost black on the bottom and work up through blues and aquas and end up green. Too bad it's a discontinued color. Oh! I should check with Webs. I know they handle Noro and I seem to remember they had some discontinued but I can't remember if it was Silk Garden or what.

Anyway I also finished the two inches of plain on the cardigan and got about two inches of the ribbing done. The evening cooled down a touch so I just sat upstairs in the quiet, Tink being very quiet and low energy when it's hot, and knit up a storm. And besides some chores around the house and a trip to a furniture store to look at couches, knitting is on my agenda for the weekend. I want to finish up a couple things.

Happy weekend!

No comments: