14 June, 2006

I made a toy!


My first ever!! Here's my bunny - all sewn up the back (yes I remembered to leave a hole to put the stuffing). I still have to embroider the eyes, mouth and nose. I think I should have done that before I sewed it up but ... there ya go. Live and learn. I am not sure if I've got enough yarn to make a proper pompom tail but I will try to make a small one. If not ... maybe use another color. It's such a clever project. The pattern and yarn (and needles!) were sent to me by my Secret Pal. The designer is Kate Gilbert.
There are some very cute things on her site. I love how just with kfb and ssk and k2tog you can get all that shaping! Amazing. I had to buy a pound of stuffing! No such thing as a bit of it I guess. So I will be making more of these for sure. I'll take another picture when it's finished. Shall we name it? Oh yes, lets! He shall be named Peter. Peter Rabbit. Purrrrfect, don't you think?

I got a package from Elann yesterday. The Micro Cable I bought for the Something Red cardigan. It's a silvery gray and I think it'll be a nice addition to my wardrobe. I don't have any gray jackets or sweaters. So I might cast on for that tonight if I get the bunny finished. I also got 3 skeins of wool for my next package for my secret pal. In one of the inserts with the package it was advertising some linen they are going to be selling ... or are selling probably by now. In the Mason-Dixon knitting book there is a pattern for a linen curtain and the lace is reminiscent of champagne bubbles. It's very clever and I was thinking it might be nice for my bathroom. I'm going to check the gauge requirements tonight and see if it would work. Linen is typically so expensive that to find it at Elann is pretty sweet!

And what else? Well it's cloudy and windy but warm. I get to run today, which is always nice (and some days nicer than others, depending on my energy level!). And I'm waiting waiting waiting ..... waiting for a phone call.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Yeah on the bunny. I say another color...white or? for the pompom tail. Too cute.