08 June, 2006

June - it's killin' me!

Every year it's the same thing and I don't know why I can't just get it through my head! June sucks!! I don't have any trouble remembering that February sucks. I just count on it every year. But May always fools me and gets me in the mood for sunshine and warm days and furniture on the deck. Then comes June with the low clouds and the mist. This year further compounded by that lovely week in California and Mexico. Sunshine. As an aside, it's been so long since I've been in really hot sunshine that I forgot I get freckles! I tried to keep my face under layers of sunscreen and wore a big floppy hat but they popped out - freckles on my nose and all over! My sister found it rather amusing.

There are not enough hours in my days. After I got done walking the dog and mowing the lawn and reading the paper I just didn't want to do anything so complicated and the front and straps of that X-back top. I did swatch for a cute little sweater called Something Red with the left over Micro Cable I had used for Kate's shrug. I got gauge with size 7s and went to Elann to see about purchasing the yarn. However, I am not sure about the color. I don't want to do it in red and it seems all of the lovely blues and teals they had are gone! Do I want silver? Pink? Purple? What about breaking the mold and going for brown? I can't decide. I am leaning towards the silver but .... I can barely make a decision these days so will leave it a bit longer.

Thank goodness for my socks. You can sit there and watch a little TV and they really do move along quite quickly. I am anxious now to finish up these so I can start on the pattern that my Secret Pal sent me.

Vacation re-entry is almost complete. I had a hard run yesterday. Brutal. Next week should be easier.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Ah....Friday. What a glorious word...ok, so the weather sucks and the damp air makes my hair frizz out, but other than that...ah...Friday.

Have a great day!