21 June, 2006

Summer!

Happy first day of summer! Yay!! Although we're still experiencing the "June gloom", as my sister calls it. Thankfully the clouds typically lift in the afternoon so we get some lovely evenings.

Check out my new Secret Pal 8 button! Isn't that the funniest thing! I just cracked up when I saw it on my hostess' web site and asked if I could have it on mine as well. She had gotten it from the SP8 site and so I just copied it from there. My spoilee had told me that she was very happy to have me for her SP because she was just afraid somebody was going to dump their acrylic stash on her. I wonder if she made that button? I should ask. Anyway ... cool, huh?

I had a rotten and aggravating afternoon yesterday at work. Oooooo ... you know how when you get so mad that it feels like the top of your head is going to explode. Yeah .. like that. I was ranting and raving and stomping up and down the halls. Much to amusement of my colleagues, I am sure. I was so disgusted with a certain incompetent person that I just couldn't deal with her any more. What did I do instead? Anyone? Yes! I got online and bought yarn. :-) The quick fix. Works like a charm.

After walking the dog and mowing the lawn I didn't want to do anything but sit and listen to music and work on my cardigan. For me this is the hardest part of a top-down raglan ... when you're getting close to putting the sleeves on holders. After that it's easy. So I put in about 3 solid hours last night and I've probably got at least two more hours -- small needles. But it's looking nice. Well yeah, it DOES kind of look just like a big grey blob sitting there. Once it's on the body only it'll look more like a sweater.

Tonight I get to pick up Jasmine, my friend's little Cockapoo. She's going to be spending a few days with us and Tink is going to be in heaven! She loves Jasmine. And I'm going to be happy to have two doggies again for a while. I'd love to get Tink a friend, but it's just too hard to have two dogs when you're single. So it'll have to wait.

No comments: