26 June, 2006

You will NOT believe this weather!

I can hardly believe it. It's blazing hot! Record breaking hot. I don't know for sure how hot it got yesterday but I'm guessing near 90 and today it's supposed to be 92 or above. No running today.

Friday evening I worked some more on the cardigan and tried it on. I have about two more inches to go before I start the ribbing. I am going to get a really spectacular button for this and I think I'll be using it a lot.

So .... what an exciting and fun weekend I had! Saturday afternoon I went out looking for couch or loveseat. I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted to do but after shopping around I have decided to get rid of my chaise, keep the comfy chair and ottoman (which is purple) and get a green couch. It might sound icky or strange, but the area rug I have is green and blue and I think it's going to look really cool. Now the tough part - finding the perfect one. Furniture is SUCH a racket!!

A friend came over Saturday evening to help me put up the hardware for the curtains and take down the pleated shades. What an amazing difference! I found that I hadn't gotten enough panels so I had to drive out to Ikea again on Sunday to get a few more and Sunday afternoon I put it all together, got the hooks for the tassel tie-backs up and manhandled the furniture around the room to get the layout I am going to have, with the chaise in the place of the new couch. I like it. I feel reborn.

There is no knitting to report then, because after moving everything around in the heat I just sat and enjoyed the new ambiance and read until it was cool enough to sleep. There's still LOTS to do, like find a new knitting position, but I am quite content with the progress so far.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Purple and green rock together. It sounds like you are having fun with the deco project...and what does Tink think?

Stay cool...