17 January, 2007

Back on the road

It has warmed up. Well of course that's a relative term considering it's only 36 degrees right now, but hey! it's not freezing! That's a bonus. So I rode my bike this morning and made it to work without falling down. The streets were quite dry and the only place that was the least bit scary was going over the bridge, which was still covered with slush. Let's keep our fingers crossed for warmer weather for a while, pleeeeze.

I didn't do any knitting last night. Tink and I stopped in at the local pub on our walk and we just stayed. It was nice to get out. I haven't been in there for quite a while so there was lots of gossip to get caught up on.

Today in my lunchtime knitting group we're going to all start shadow knitting projects. One of the girls got a book with some really lovely patterns in it, although they're all done on size 2 needles! I found a pattern for a shadow heart pillow and I can do it on size 6 needles, which makes a lot more sense to me. I mean ... I can't even imagine making anything but socks with teensie needles like 2's and in that book she's got not only pillows but sweaters and jackets! Good lord, that'd take months and months. Not for me.

No comments: