01 January, 2007

Happy New Year!

Yesterday was a very busy day but I felt it was fitting to work my little tail off and get this chapter over and done with. Then I can start clean and fresh on this January 1. My nephew and I managed to get my dad and all of his stuff moved in two trips. We were done by about 3 and neither one of us had eaten so I took him out for a nice lunch. We chose a Mexican/Cuban restaurant nearby and it was very good.

My New Year's Eve was quiet even by my standards. I watched the Seahawks game I had recorded and knit on my turtleneck. I was pretty tired from all of the work during the day but resisted turning in at 8 pm .... I watched a movie, knit some more and then did a little reading. I feel like the most boring person on the planet but ... but on the other hand I have been under a lot of stress so I'm going to cut myself some slack. I do have lots and lots of things to get done today. And I find pleasure in getting my house back in shape after the holidays. I'll take the tree down and put everything away and move my furniture back in place and it'll be like it never happened.

I read somewhere that iTunes was very slow after Christmas. Almost at a standstill with the traffic from all the new iPod owners. It seems to be doing okay today. I got a Beatles CD for Christmas and I'm putting that on my iPod and I think I just might buy an album today as well. It's amazing that I get sick of all of the songs I've got on there. Just goes to show that I need a bigger one, huh?

No comments: