12 January, 2007

The good thing about Omar being gone

I really really enjoyed having my nephew around. It's felt a little empty around my house. But the one good thing about it is that now I don't have to finish watching "Jackass 2". Holy crap, what a waste of film!! That movie totally illustrates the HUGE differences between men and women. Those guys are idiots! No woman in her right mind would do anything like that. No, I'm not saying that there aren't jackass women out there. Just think of any "Girls Gone Wild" commercial you've seen. Same mentality. It's just that women don't risk their lives! Or mutilate themselves! Or think getting punched in the face is funny. He's sitting there chuckling like a doofus and I'm just sitting there with my mouth agape! Well ..... it went back to Netflix and good riddance.

It is still effing cold here. Right now it's 24 degrees. I walked into work again. The streets are a little better but it's not only the ice on the roadway but the wind chill that gets to me. It hurts. I am wondering what it's going to be like running this lunchtime. Maybe I should take a bandana to wrap my lower face. It's cloudless so I know it'll warm up in the next couple hours. When I was walking to the gym yesterday the trail looked relatively ice-free so that should be a problem. It's just, again, the wind chill. At least I won't be sweating so hard.

Worked on the mitts AGAIN last night. I called it an evening and 9 and went up to bed to read. I will be able to finish them this weekend for sure.

Gonna be a good weekend. Dinner tonight. Football on the weekend and I'm going to run around Greenlake either Sunday or Monday. That's where the next 5K I'm running is going to be and I want to check my time now to see how much better I can get in 4 weeks. No hills, so I should be able to do better than the Dog Dash time. Hopefully.

No comments: