31 January, 2007

HooooWeeee

Boy is it ever cold outside! It was below freezing when I biked in this morning. Clear as a bell, but yikes! It's been an hour and I'm still thawing out. This is not complaining. I much prefer cold and clear to snowy.

Yesterday was a very good day. I worked at home, waiting for the upholsterer to come fix my couch. I was busy all day so it wasn't boring and, when he finally did show up, he did a wonderful job! Here's the guy coming in -- I mean not at all what I expected -- reeking of cigarette smoke, tattoo showing on his arm and carrying a small paper bag. But he sure knew his stuff and you would be hard pressed to find evidence that it had been damaged. Very pleasant surprise.

I must say that I am sorry I ever started that stupid Entrelac felted bag! It is taking for-freaking-ever to do! I had no idea it was going to be so slow. Usually a felted bag is a two day project. And then I am really sorry I put the fuzzy stuff around the top. NOT loving it. I'm thinking that I'll put the handles down inside the bag a bit and then after felting the heck out of it I'll just cut off the top where the fuzzy bits are. That might save it. I mean, I'm sure it's going to look really cool when it's felted but it's just a total hassle to do this much detail for a felted bag that I am just going to tote WIPs around in. Ah well, live and learn, eh?

No comments: