15 January, 2007

Oh poo!

The Seahawks lost yesterday. What a bummer. I was being very careful not to listen to the radio or anything, sent emails telling people NOT to send me football spoilers because I was recording it since I had stuff to do in the morning and I wanted to be able to speed through it later. But when I got to the grocery store they had the overtime on the radio and they were playing it over the PA system. Dang! Well, at least it saved me a lot of time wasted in front of the TV. Next year.

Totally inspired by Nonnahs (and the cold cold weather) I started the Fake Isle Hat Saturday night. It is going very quickly. I have only spent a couple hours at most on it so far. What I am really loving is learning the Continental style of knitting, since you have to hold both yarns at the same time. I have never had the patience to teach myself but this way is painless. I can see how it could be faster. I'm not even thinking about the stranding either. It just seems to happen.

And finally .... my last two pair of the fingerless gloves. I don't even need the pattern anymore, I've made that many of them. I sure hope they get a good home.

I switched over to the new Blogger today. Maybe later I'll fiddle around with my template and see what other cool stuff they have. But right now I'm waiting for the guy to come fix my couch. It's a gorgeous (if frigid) day and I'm going to go run Greenlake when he's done with my couch. I want to find out what my time is so I'll have something to compare it to when the race comes up on February 11. No work for us today. Hope you're all having a holiday as well!

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Bummer on the Seahawks...I actually watched the game as Kev was working on vehicles before heading back over to Eastern Wa.

Love the hat...I love fair isle as working both hands makes it, at least seem, likes it's going really, really quick.

The last two pair of fingerless gloves? Are you sure? Good...you have lots of other things to work on.

Stay warm and fingers crossed, NO MORE SNOW!