16 January, 2007

More snow!!!!

Arghghgh! I am so sick of this snow! Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous! Blue blue skies. Cold, yes, but the snow was disappearing. I had an incredible run around Greenlake, too. I wanted to see what my time is so I'll have something to work with. I can do the course several times before the actual event and keep trying to get faster. I want to beat my time from the Dawg Dash. Since there are no hills to speak of around the lake I should be able to do it.

I finished up my Fake Isle hat yesterday and wore it today when I walked to work. Isn't it cute? I made it with size 8s rather than the 6s called for and I like it because it's bigger. These types of hats don't usually look good on me but I think maybe I've been making them too small. Since I've got all this hair I need a bigger hat so my hair can be poufy around it. I roll the brim up and it just seems to work. It's kind of like a flower on the top. It's kind of a fuzzy picture. Took it with my camera phone here at work. I loved doing the stranded knitting. And it makes for a warm hat too. I'd like to try it again sometime.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

A great hat to wear to work. I love the colorway.

Snow, snow, we are all sick of snow, right? Another blasted "snow day" down here. I was at work when they called it...so I put in a few hours and then headed home.

Snow days = knitting, that is the only bonus to this whole blasted weather system that won't leave.

My poor bike, is just waiting for me... :)

Hope you are staying warm, the Tink is staying warm and that we come out of this without doing in Jack Frost. LOL