04 January, 2007

The good thing about company

My 23 year old nephew has been staying with me since Christmas. He'll be leaving next week Wednesday or Thursday for Alaska. He's fun to have around in small doses -- a few weeks works out great. I get to cook all of those guilty pleasures. For example, last night we had tacos for dinner. I can't even remember the last time I had tacos but they were tasty, if a bit salty. Whatever I cook he loves, of course, since HE didn't have to make it nor buy it nor clean it up. I made turkey and dumplings with the leftover Christmas turkey. Oh yeah. Good? yup. Would I have made it had I been alone? Not on your life. And I have a pal to watch football with. Although he's been working gawd awful hours -- 5 am to 4 pm so he's asleep by 9.

Not much to report knitting-wise. I tried to cast on two mitts to do in the round on two needles. I know I have done it before but couldn't for the life of me get it right. I finally got on Knitty and downloaded some pictures. I'm taking dad to the doctor so I'm going to get it done while I'm waiting for him. I am making MORE mitts for friends. I know I know I said I wasn't going to do any more but I'm a sucker for a compliment. Anyway I am thinking if I can get them going two at a time it shouldn't be as painful.

No comments: