20 January, 2007

It's blowing in Europe

I read in the paper yesterday about the terrible winds in Europe. It sounds much like what it was like here last month. I am hoping all is well with my friends over there. Since I haven't heard anything I can only assume no news is good news, but I think I'll send out a few emails this morning just to check in. It's hard when you can't telephone someone just to say I hope everything is okay. [You know who you are ... yes you do!]

I stayed up way too late last night, working on a new felted bag for carrying around my stuff. I wanted to try something different and thought Entrelac might felt cool so I did some searching and came up with the Entrelac Suki. This bag shape is not what I'm looking for but it gave me enough to go on so that I can make it the shape I want -- not as long and a bit wider. Hers is quite pretty, isn't it? I understand she used Noro Kuryeon but it must have been a chore to separate out the colors each time. I'm using some green and purple yarn I bought on eBay to make a bag. In the picture the green looks more yellow than it is in real life. Anyway, here's how far I got last night:
That's a bit of "Jam" around the top. Just a few rows. I was surprised by how cool that yarn is. I want to make a hat with it. It has little nubblies of green and pink velvety stuff with just the barest bit of eyelash. Just a little accent there for the top of the bag. It also might make a nice accent on a cardigan down the button band or around the cuffs. Hmmmmm

It's gorgeous outside today! I am just a slug - it's 10:45 and I'm still in my jammies. I woke up really early this morning, like 4 am, and couldn't get back to sleep so I read for a while and then I couldn't wake up this morning! Thank goodness for the weekend. Nothing I must do today except get a manicure and meet someone at 7. Not a bad day.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Fun bag to carry your knitting in. I have yet to try entralac also.

Snow is almost completely gone done here. Took a road trip down to the local quilt shop in Orting and had to drive 20 miles an hour due to black ice, at 9am. eek.

Sewing another Amy Butler Arts and Crafts bag today with new floral fabrics. Handing off first one to Alex to hold her knitting in. Love having a daughter to share with.

Have a great weekend.