10 January, 2007

Those silly weather guys!

Getting everybody all scared about snow and ice and nasty weather. Okay, it's only 36 degrees, but other than that, no big deal. There was a little bit of snow-ish material on the ground this morning but the streets weren't frozen. Which was a good thing, since I had to run errands for Dad and I couldn't have even gotten down his street if it was icy.

As much as I am looking forward to finishing up with those mitts, I just couldn't knit last night. I had to relax after that stressful day dealing with Omar and his car troubles, plus work was so busy I didn't even make it to the gym! I got home around 5:30 just as Omie was arriving. He got his stuff together and I took him over to Tem's and then I went home and read the paper and did the crossword puzzle and talked on the phone and drank a really lovely martini. But no knitting. I'm really going to dig in tonight and make a big push to get them done. I might be able to do it tonight but more likely I'm going to finish them up tomorrow night. What's today ... Wednesday. So maybe I can have them done Friday and then I can start finishing up some of MY projects!

I got an official letter in my office mailbox today. It's a huge suprise. I got nominated for the Distinguished Staff Award. I don't know whether to laugh or what ... but there are 5 "winners" and the prize is $5,000. Niiicccce.

No comments: