02 January, 2007

No rest for the wicked

Or even the mildly naughty. I'm back at work after two weeks and two days. It does seem longer than that. It's very dark today and windy. It is the first time I've been on my bike for nearly three weeks and I almost got blown over! I'll be glad to get to the gym today since it's been an even longer time for that. And Wednesday I can run again -- and I think it's been since the day I left for London that I've run!! I've got the full Christmas pudge going on. Too little exercise and too much food and drink. It can't be as bad as I feel it is because my doctor just shrugged when I complained about being fat and said, "Oh, it'll go away as soon as you get back to working out". Men have noooooo idea, do they? They can just decide to lose a few pounds and *bang*, it's off. It's a little harder for women for some reason. It will take at least a month but oh well, what else do I have to do? I'm going to sign up for a race on February 11, the Seattle Valentine's Day Dash . That gives me six weeks to get back into shape and ready for the race. This one is going to be fun - no hills!!

I got the sleeves of the TDR turtleneck on holders yesterday and did a few rounds on the body while watching two of the BEST college football games I've seen in a long time. First the Rose Bowl, which I had recorded on my DVR while getting my house back in order and then later the Fiesta Bowl. I miss Keith Jackson but otherwise, just stellar bowl games. I've got to rant a teensie bit about the yarn I'm using. Does anybody else think that Debbie Bliss yarns are overrated? I'm using Merino Chunky, which is a superwash wool. Yes, it's soft. Yes, it's chushy. But it's put up in 50 meter skeins!!! It seems like every other round I'm starting another ball! Plus, at least a third of the balls I've used so far have knots. Maybe it's my bad luck but for that kind of money and that length of skein ... don't you think we could do without the knots at least? And since it's superwash you can't spit graft so it's weaving. I've gotten pretty good about stopping every once in a while and weaving in a few (hundred) ends so that at the end of the project it won't be quite so daunting. Well .... anyway ... rant off.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Happy New Year, Shelley!