29 January, 2007

The slowest knitter in the world


That's what I feel like. It has been so long since I've finished anything! I really wanted to finish that bag that I'm going to felt, but this weekend was not conducive to knitting. I did work some on it Friday night. Saturday I just did a teensie bit because I had to run errands and then I went to the Olympic Sculpture Park and afterwards to dinner so there was not much knitting at all. Here's a picture of one of the pieces there. I just love it! Is it my favorite? I don't know .... everything is so beautiful and different. This one stands out for obvious reasons. The park is not yet finished but close enough to let people in and it was packed this weekend. As you can see, it was a sunny and gorgeous day (both Saturday and Sunday). Every other party had a dog with them so Tink was in sniffy heaven.

Unfortunately the day (and the weekend) was marred by a back tweak of epic proportions! I haven't had one this bad for ages and ages. Saturday walking around the park was painful and it got worse as the day progressed. Sunday I could barely get out of bed. I went to the store and bought a new heating pad, this one with a built in massage. I dosed myself up with Naproxen and laid flat on the couch for the whole day. What a waste of a gorgeous spring-like day! It was killing me. Tink was enjoying just laying in the sunshine but got a little bark-y in the afternoon. I took pity on her and about 2:30 I was able to walk around a bit without limping so I took her for a little walk. Then right back flat on my back when we got home. I can't knit when I am reclining. If I'm sitting up in bed, fine then I can knit. But when I have to be flat, can't do it.

Today it's not so bad, thankfully, since I've got to take dad to an appointment which means wheelchair in and out of the car (and that thing isn't light!). I am thinking it might be wise to skip the run today. I should be able to go to the gym tomorrow though because the elliptical trainer isn't as hard on my back as running.

I did a fair amount of daydreaming about redoing my front garden. I am VERY excited about it. I'm going to take out all of the old lawn and re-sod it. It will be flat and the grass will be green. And all new plants and trees -- lilacs for the front fence area and more roses and flowering shrubs. Things that are easy to take care of and that I can't kill. And climbing, flowering vines at the gate. Of course the hard part is going to be picking out the right plants but I'll have plenty of time and my sister will come up to help me. It's going to make my house look so much nicer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! I hope your back is better by the time you read this! Fun plans for your new garden- don't forget to post pics!