30 March, 2007

They finished

Oh joy! My lawn is all laid out and it looks so nice! I didn't take any pictures yesterday but I will certainly put some up this weekend. I've now got to finish cleaning out the flower beds and laying down compost (NOT mulch! .. compost). I am SUCH a dope when it comes to gardening. My main focus is going to be not killing that new lawn. That would be a tragedy. I am actually hoping for a little rain this weekend, even though I have been watering it these past two evenings.

My work environment is stunningly awful these days. I am the LAST and only person in my whole wing on this (the 5th) floor that is still occupying her office space. I have until April 10th and then I will be just wandering around with my laptop until my temporary space is vacated. The good news is that the bike racks by the Annex, where I will eventually land, are covered! Bonus! Also we all know that I love working from home so it's truly no hardship to have to come in during the mornings and work from home in the afternoon. That makes the most sense for me since the two major classes I'm doing sites for meet after lunch.

When I got home yesterday there was a package notice in my mailbox. I just couldn't figure out why there was a package notice in my box! I swear, I thought and thought for about a half an hour because it dawned on me that it's most likely from my Secret Pal! Well, I won't know for sure until I go to pick it up after work.

And speaking of Secret Pal packages -- I got a notice yesterday that the stuff I ordered for MY Secret Pal has just been shipped! So I won't be able to get her first package off until next week. Hopefully early! (EDIT: Nope! Can you believe it??? I forgot that I was expecting some yarn from Turkey. It's for the little green sweater from Fitted Knits. So I'm going to gauge it this afternoon.)

No comments: