05 May, 2009

And the big news?

The weather -- again. Wind and rain and lots of it! I had to get up and close the windows in the bedroom last night because the wind was blowing so hard! It was starting up on my way home last night. I had a really rough ride home because of the headwinds. And all of the offices except one on our newly renovated southwest side were wet this morning. We're lucky that our windows don't leak at home because they face directly west and they were getting the brunt of it.

Despite the noisy outdoors I managed to get a good night in. I do NOT want to end up with a sleep deficit like I did last week. That was brutal. I am just one of those people that needs a full 8 or, even better 8 1/2 hours of sleep. I've always been like that. And if I get into a deficit situation and can't sleep in, I am a mess.

Mr. M went out with a friend for sushi and beers and blather last night, so I was on my own. Since we're going out tonight I had my Cinco de Mayo celebration while the boyz were out. I had purchased some cheese with habanero peppers in it, so I made some guacamole and grated some of that cheese and a couple little corn tortillas .... pretty tasty.

I worked a bit more on the Radiate - need to do four inches from the underarms and then another increase row. I am doing mods on the sleeves. I really don't like the idea of a cardigan with short sleeves so I'm going to do increases between the ribs and make the sleeves belled. I think that will look nice.

And now .... oatmeal!!

No comments: