19 May, 2009

How's this for annoying

Last night is was raining so hard it woke me up. It went on all night and even this morning when I woke up it was not just raining, but POURING! It had started to slack off at about 7 but was still coming down pretty hard, so I decided to drive in. My rain gear is somewhat lacking in efficacy in that my jacket is new and works great, but my tights and shoes and my head and face get really really wet. I need a new helmet with a visor and I need water resistant tights and some of the neoprene boots to put over my shoes for this 8 mile ride. It didn't used to really matter when I was riding about 3 miles but now, it's important, especially when I'm coming in to work. I got about half way in, down by Children's Hospital and the pavement was dry! It looked like it had been raining but had stopped hours ago. Errrghghg! I guess on the good side, I'll have a nice dry run this lunchtime.

I worked for a bit on my socks last night as I was relaxing and watching old Star Trek re-runs. I am at the point with the Radiate that I need to sit down and get out a pencil and paper and figure out exactly how I'm going to do the sleeves. I am thinking I'll get out my pattern for the Simple Knitted Bodice and adapt those sleeves for this cardigan. They fit well and I like the bell sleeve - where it starts and where it ends up, size-wise. I'm going to do them two at once on two circulars, like socks. And that's always a bit tricky, dividing up the stitches and getting that first round going. After that it's not so bad. So that's not a project I can just tackle when I get home from work. I have decided to extend this 3-day weekend by taking Thursday and Friday off as well, so one of those days I can get that project started. Hopefully Thursday.

Steve only has one show, on Saturday, so on Thursday afternoon/evening we're going to go downtown to the Cinerama and see the new Star Trek movie. It's going to be a perfect place to see it. Paul Allen bought the old theatre a few years ago and made it state-of-the-art digital. And it's always been THE place to see big films. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: