20 May, 2009

I'm calling it Friday

I know it's Wednesday, but I'm taking Thursday and Friday off this week to make a longer long weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice and it's a pretty good time work-wise to take a few days. So woohoo!! TGIF!!!

It's also noon knitting day and I forgot my knitting!!! I was busy putting the dishes away and yapping to Mr. M and then I realized I was late and I ran out of there and didn't remember until I was nearly a mile away from home. I couldn't go back - I was running late as it was. I did remember to bring a magazine so I'll go up at noon anyway and see if anyone has also brought some pattern books or something. I did more work on my socks last night. Not too terribly exciting. I am going to get going on those sleeves tomorrow, probably. I should get some pictures up.

There is one part of the Burke Gilman trail that is so bumpy that I regularly lose a pannier or two going through it. It is the part that parallels 36th Avenue NE, right between the Metropolitan Market and the bridge. I noticed on the way home last night that someone has spray painted the big cracks and bumps with neon orange paint, leading me to believe that it is going to be fixed soon. Yay!!

After nine years I have finally decided to leave my hairdresser and find someone else. It's not going to be easy since I've known her since I got back from Paris in July of 2000 and she is responsible for me meeting my husband. So. It's going to be hard and I'm just going to have to be honest-ish with her and tell her I just want a fresh perspective. Hopefully she'll be professional about it but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: