12 May, 2009

Making friends with the wind

It was very blustery again last night for my ride home. The winds were swirling though, so there were a few times when I had a tail wind. That was SWEET! The two times I got nearly blown over ... not so sweet. I did make the ride in good time however, so I shall keep a good thought for wind. Especially tail wind.

Unfortunately, since I had gotten such a terrible night's sleep Sunday night, I was exhausted when I reached home. Thankfully Mr. M had the time to give Tink her walk, so I hit the showers, put on my lounge-y pants and got dinner going. Can I just say how much I LOVE Trader Joe's? Their fish is just out of this world. Last night it was the mahi-mahi. My favorite is the garlic marinated tuna, but the mahi-mahi is right behind it. Easy to cook and nutritious and yummy to boot.

I got some good knitting done on the Radiate -- pictures soon -- and I had to make myself stay awake. I read for a few minutes and I must have been fast asleep by 9:30. I feel great this morning though. The wind woke me up once but I closed the windows so the blinds would not rattle and I was off to sleep again.

Saturday I'm having a frogging party at my house. Or a take-out party, or an un-knit party. The idea is that we all have projects that we've made that we find out later we're never going to wear (like my stupid shawl, or a couple bulky sweaters I made very early on) and that yarn can better be used in something else. It'll be a fun way to spend a Saturday evening. Since Mr. M has to work again. It beats sitting there watching stupid movies with the dog.

No comments: