26 May, 2009

Taking the easy way out

I did visit the new salon and made an appointment there for this Friday. I needed to cancel my appointment with my old stylist - the appointment was set for this Thursday. I put it off and put it off and finally this morning when I got to work I called her salon and left a message on her machine. Nine years I've been going there but I just didn't want to talk to her because I am afraid she'd argue with me. So - I left a message. And if she does call I'm not going to pick it up. I just feel sorry for my husband because if there is any flack, he's going to get it when he next goes for a haircut.

The extended weekend was just what the doctor ordered. It was GREAT weather too. The new Star Trek movie, which we saw Thursday night, was very good and well worth going to the Cinerama to view it. On the way to dinner that night we happened to drive by the J&M and saw that it had gone out of business and the auction of its contents had taken place earlier that day! I have a picture that has been on the wall of that place for ... well, I'm not going to say how long but I was 23 when it went up. My husband really wanted that picture so, since he knows the auction house owner, he called him the next day and found out that one person had purchased all of the pictures. On Friday he went down and spoke with a person at the J&M who was supervising the auction and told her the story and left his business card in the picture frame. Hopefully we'll get it back, or at least be able to copy it.

During my stay-cation I took two 20 mile bike rides - one with my DH yesterday but it was too crowded for me to have a good ride. Him on the other hand - it pretty much wiped him out. He's not used to it. I also got the vegetables all set and planted some lettuce and more herbs on planters for the deck. I got lots of good knitting done as well, but I have decided to frog the Radiate. The sleeves are giving me fits. The pattern says to knit them flat - but that is pretty much impossible. The other option is to do it in the round (duh) but on 2 circulars and because of the pattern I was not able to keep the edges from the ladder effect plus it's all purl and, quite frankly, I don't like reverse stockinette. I have tons of great patterns so I think I'll just rip it out and use the yarn for something nice. I am actually just marking time until my yarn comes from Little Knits to make my new skirt.

So now it's back to work and back to the real world and it's even supposed to rain today! But nice all the rest of the .. SHORT .. week! Friday a new hair stylist! I am going to have her take me back to the nice reddish brown I had. My ex-stylist was making my hair too blond and not listening to me. Hopefully this new one will fix me up. I have been hating my hair for too long!

No comments: