27 May, 2009

Just one more row


Having decided that the Radiate was not going to make it, I had no other project in mind. I am waiting for the cotton to start my next skirt, called Ingrid. I got the pattern from Louet. I am going to make it in a beautiful periwinkle blue cotton. I didn't feel like picking up the Rockstar Jacket, nor my socks. I wanted to keep using the yarn I had been using for the Radiate, a spring green llama/silk blend from Royal Yarns. I finally settled on Loppem, which has been in my queue since before the leaflet was published. I cast on for it after dinner, got the lower edge done and 9 rows into the cable pattern. I haven't done any cables for a while so I was not wanting to put the knitting down until a little after 10 when I was too tired to see. Then I got into bed, promptly fell asleep and continued to knit in my dream. Since I spit spliced the yarn for Radiate I am just knitting this new cardigan right from the old. Tidy. Or lazy? No. Tidy.

I rode AND ran yesterday - still don't think I'll be ready for the race this weekend but maybe I can do the race in Fremont in June. I think it helps, running around my neighborhood on the weekend, because it's hilly and I get a better workout there than on the trail. I am going to run Thursday and Friday, because I have to drive Friday and I'll be all nice and rested. Yeah ... maybe I will be ready for June.

No comments: