28 May, 2009

BBQ chops

Mr. M loves salmon. Especially cooked on the BBQ. He also loves butter (well, who doesn't?) and uses it liberally. Last night he brought home a rather large piece of salmon to cook on the grill. I got some vegetables ready (yummmmm with fresh herbs from my garden!!) and got them going. It's a really big gas grill - three or four dials .. I forget, and a rack on top - it's huge and he always gets all of the burners going even for a small thing. Anyway, the vegetables were nearly done and he took this huge piece of salmon and put about half a cube on butter on top of it, put a loaf of bread on the top shelf to warm it up and closed the lid. Can you guess what happened next? Anyone? Yes, fire. Big, huge, smokey, the whole grill involved grease fire. Smoked and burned the vegetables so that even he couldn't eat them. Blackened the bread. The fish - not done. I finished it up inside under the broiler while he got the fire under control. By that time is was WAY past hungry, so I had a piece of salmon and some chardonnay and called it dinner. He needs to cook more. His BBQ chops are WAY off. Maybe twice a week? :-)

My yarn came for my skirt yesterday but I didn't want to start it. Because I'm not using the yarn called for in the pattern and the pattern is translated from some European language, I am going to have to swatch and swatch to figure out what needle size is going to give me gauge. So I will leave it to this weekend when I've got more time and patience. I worked some more on the Loppem. In fact I just-one-more-row-ed myself to 11 o'clock, which is late for my bedtime. I'm glad I decided to frog the Radiate. The Loppem is a much nicer design and I think I'll get more wear out of it than I would have the other.

No comments: