29 May, 2009

One knitting disaster after the other

I discovered yesterday, after looking at pictures of Loppem FO's on Ravelry, that I had made a mistake in the cables and needed to take it out and start over. Just in case you're thinking of making this sweater - be aware that the booklet contains an enormous amount of errors. The chart is totally wrong, for one thing, and is missing one symbol definition entirely! I did have the errata and had corrected my booklet but missed the missing symbol definition so I was doing one twist wrong. Nothing to do but take it out and start again. So, perfect excuse to start swatching for the Ingrid, right? Right. Blunder #2 - I didn't order enough yarn!! I don't know where my head was but I need 2 more skeins. I didn't want to start futzing with that until I know I can get two more skeins of the same dyelot so I will call LittleKnits later this morning and find out if I can drive up there this weekend and pick up the yarn. So that meant I had to frog my 20 + rows of Loppem, which I did, AND cast on again, AND did the lower band and 3 chart rows. I wasn't able to stay up late again after the previous night.

The weather is just stunning! It's going to be nearing 80 today. I will have to get out and run a little early today. I drove in because today is the day I go to my new salon! I am excited! I am going to get my hair back to WAY less blond and more reddish/brown. And start growing out this hideous excuse for a haircut as well.

It's going to be nice all weekend and Mr. M wants to go on another bike ride, so that's what we'll do this Saturday. We are going to go the opposite direction of where we went last time. We're taking my route to work, then going a little farther to Gasworks Park for a picnic, then back home. He will now finally understand why I arrive home in such a mess - that huge long hill coming up from the trail. He got new bike pants, and gloves so hopefully it won't be as painful for him as last time. I'll try to be gentle. ;-)

No comments: