07 July, 2010

The good and the bad

The good thing about summer finally getting here is, well .... sunshine and warm weather and sunshine! The bad thing is that with the warm days comes warmer nights and that means that all of the windows are open just a little bit wider. Tink, with her acute hearing, is very restless when we reach this time of the year. Last night a big dog up the street was barking and barking at something and she had to chime in. Normally not a problem, but at 10 at night when we're trying to quiet down and go to bed, it's not such a good thing. She did finally settle down until, I'm guessing around 2 am, a couple of cats decided to have a fight in our back garden and that made her really crazy! But despite the interruptions, I had a pretty good sleep myself.

I was supposed to have help with the garden on Monday but because of the holiday bus schedule the guy couldn't make it so he and a friend are coming this morning and Mr. M is there to supervise. We walked around the front and back gardens this morning before I left so that he could make sure the guys were working with my priorities in mind. I'm not holding my breath. I think I'll just have to be content with whatever gets done. I find it fascinating (and not a little annoying) that someone who can keep a million and one details in his head with regards to a complicated sound system has such a hard time understanding everyday things. There is a famous cartoon by Gary Larson of a dog and its master - what a dog hears. "Blah blah blah Ginger blah blah blah blah blah Ginger blah blah". I think that's what goes on sometimes at our house.

I am entirely caught up in the latest game I downloaded to my iPhone. It's called Angry Birds. It is very addictive. And cute.

As I suspected I did not have the energy to start sewing in those sleeves last night. I suspect I'm going to have to wait until the weekend when I can devote a couple of quiet hours to sit at the table and get it done. Once I start it shouldn't be so bad. Yes, I'm being a bit of a baby about it. The thing is that I can't be sloppy or I'll never want to wear the garment. It's just so ..... so fiddly! And now I'm re-thinking the jacket I was going to make with the Noro Cash Iroha. It too is a pieced garment. I am pretty sure I can do the back and fronts as one but the sleeves are still going to have to be sewn in. Maybe after I do these on the Miribella I'll find that it's really no big deal. Fingers crossed.

No comments: