06 July, 2010

A little jump on the week

I love 3-day weekends. Well, who doesn't? It started out a little frantic though because Tinkerbell went on another adventure! I repositioned the pieces of wood I had put up against the fence where I thought she had gotten out last time but she went to visit the lady with the cats behind us rather than chasing the cats in the front of the house, where she had gone a couple weeks ago. And the odd thing is that I had gone all around the perimeter of the fence and checked every place and I was SURE she couldn't get out. And when I was looking for her I looked at the fence from the other side and still couldn't find where she had made it through. Thank goodness the woman knows her and she just puts her in her car and drives her home. It is a little embarrassing though.

I had the whole of Saturday and Sunday to myself and it was peaceful and relaxing. No band rehearsal, which was like having an extra day off. I got lots of little things done. I downloaded the new operating system to my iPhone. I love it! It is really much faster and the interface is better. I got a manicure and had them cut my nails very short so that I could play my ukulele easier and I practiced. I'd like to have a song that I can do for rehearsal next Saturday. I think the guys would get a kick out of it. And of course I listened to my audiobook (the last of the Stieg Larsson trilogy) and knit.

I finished the sleeves for the cardigan yesterday afternoon and started sewing the beast together. I got both shoulders done and they look terrible! I should have been more careful when binding off the front shoulders. Because the pattern asks that you bind off half the stitches in one direction and the other half on the next row, presumably for shaping, that leaves the tail in the middle of the shoulder and it left a weird hole. I did the best I could, but it wasn't very good so I'm a little disappointed about that. The sleeves have to be mattress stitched into the armholes and I am not looking forward to it at all. It is going to be very difficult. I forgot how much I hate set in sleeves for just that reason. We went to an early dinner so I put it aside but I am going to have to make myself do it before I start another project or it will languish and never get done.

I snapped a couple pictures of the Annis shawl this morning before I left. It's really more of a scarf than a shawl. Very quick knit. I skein of Noro sock yarn was perfect. I had a little left. I do think I'll get something plain and knit another one, or something along the same lines.

No comments: