28 July, 2010

Impressive lilies

Check out these lilies.  I snapped this with my iPhone when I was out walking Tink last night and I can't get all of the brightness out of it.  But there are masses of lilies on this plant.  I have had people stop their cars to look at it.  I love lilies and if they were pink I would have cut them and brought them indoors. 

I stopped at my LYS last night on the way home and bought the yarn for the Cloisonne Jacket.  Being allergic to alpaca I had to substitute yarn and I am very happy with my choices.  I got Cascade 220 Heathers for the dark brown and Lamb's Pride Worsted in sea foam for the turquoise.  Nearly a perfect match.  The woman at the counter at Weaving Works said she was going to make the same jacket.  I wanted to cast on and start on the lace last night but we had company until 9:30 so I started it but didn't finish casting on.  I will do that at noon knitting today. 

I did run yesterday and it was very difficult.  Hot, even though I ran down the cool corridor rather than heading out towards the lake.  I forgot to use the inhaler for the allergy wheezing so it was pretty difficult to breath as well.  I have found one 5K race in September but I am waffling.  Not because I don't think I'll be ready, but because of the rules.  It's the Iron Girl 5K and while I agree with most of the rules -- no strollers, no dogs, no roller blades.  I very much disagree with the rule - no headphones.  I like to run with my music and I don't turn it up so loud that I can't hear people around me.  It's mostly to muffle the yapping that some people feel obliged to do when they run.  I am not a big rule breaker, typically, but this one is really stupid.  I wonder if I should get in touch with them and ask if the no headphones rule means that they would not allow a hearing impaired person to run.  That's the kind of logic that might make a politically correct  person's head explode.  I'd pay good money to see that.

No comments: