16 July, 2010

Wicked allergies!

Wow, my allergies have been just terrible these past few days! I haven't been able to wear my contact lenses ... this is the third day in a row! Tuesday I went through two or three vials of eye drops and could barely see on the ride home. I sure hope they calm down soon. It's really annoying! Allergy medicine helps, but not by much.

I ran yesterday afternoon for the first time in a couple of months and it felt great! I am a little bit sore today but not bad at all. I will run again today, but I'm going to make sure I take a couple of puffs off of that inhaler. I did notice I was wheezing yesterday -- from the allergies, most likely.

There's a good chance I'll be stark staring mad by the end of the day. I am wearing a blouse that I just love, EXCEPT it has these sleeves that creep down the top of my arm and feel like my bra straps are slipping. It is very annoying and perhaps that's why I rarely wear this blouse. It looks great but I'll be ready to rip it off at the end of the day.

I did finally get in a couple hours of knitting last night after dinner. I finished up the second 24 row repeat of the main pattern and now am working on the final 12 and then it'll be the lace edging. I am anxious to see how this turns out. I am now completely addicted to lace knitting. Not too practical because how many wraps and scarves can one use? I guess I could start giving them away but each one is so beautiful. I truly am committed to sewing in those sleeves on Sunday though. I have a busy Saturday with my regular chores, a quick trip to the mall (I am woefully low on bottoms of all kinds for work) and then a dinner for Mr. M's daughter's b'day and THEN rehearsal. So Sunday is my day. First sew in the sleeves, then the side seams and then pickup the stitches for the collar. I am quite sure I can get to that point at least. Stay tuned.

No comments: