13 July, 2010

Now that the nonsense is over

Who else was just sick to death of the World Cup? Holy cow .... on and on and ON! It seemed to last longer than the basketball playoffs. Vuvuzelas? Really? Just ban them already! Here's my favorite joke:

What do the World Cup and Twilight have in common?
There's a whole lot of running around, nobody scores, and a million fans tell you you don't understand.

Now maybe there will be some real sports news - football news I mean, of course. It's getting close! And the Huskies are going to be awesome this year, and Jake Locker is already being talked about for the Heisman. Exciting.

I worked some on my cashmere lace bandit at lunchtime and found that yes indeed I could listen to my book and do the lace pattern. Not quickly, but I managed to do a few rows and not mess up, which is the important thing. Maybe I'll do it again this afternoon. I really should start up with my running so I can compete in a few races this fall. I don't have my shorts here at work. I'll bring them in and start up again next week.

No comments: