27 July, 2010

Late start

I had to stop at the bank on my way in for a little meeting so we've got a late start to the day.  I get to run today and I'm going to have to get out there spot on noon because it's going to be another hot one.  It's not bad now and I think if I keep on my usual route and run along the lake, even though it's not right ON the shore, it is going to be cool enough to make a difference.  Although ... running down the trail toward U Village is also another option and there is more shade that direction.  I will make it a game time call.

My ride home last night was BRUTAL.  So hot.  I was in an awful temper when I got home.  Luckily the AC had been on all day, albeit not as cool as I would have liked.  At least it wasn't broiling hot in the house and once I had a shower, cleaned up the wicked mess in the kitchen(!!!) and had a glass of wine I was calming down.  The man hired to do my birthday garden clean up came by at 7 pm and I walked around the gardens with him pointing out what was a weed and what was not a weed.  Not exactly comforting, but at least I think he got it.  Plus he's going to do a little research on how to kill the soil in that no man's land between the house and the beginning of the rockery garden.  I am going to put some awesome paving stones down there but that is a few months away and I cannot stand to look at those weeds.  I believe there are several benign ways to do that.  I don't want poison down there because of  Tink but I read somewhere about a combination of cornmeal and rock salt or some such thing.  I'd like to get that patio put in this autumn.

I am having a hard time still pulling out of this funk.  The birthday looming doesn't help.  No vacations planned, also a downer.  I do get a TON of knitting done when I'm like this because I am not fit for conversation with Mr. M or, for that matter, anyone else.  I need a trip to Europe is what I need.  But .. yeah.  There's only one place I want to be.  Might as well wish for the moon.

Since I had to drive in I am going to stop at my LYS on the way home to search for yarn for that Cloisonne Jacket.  It's not something I want to do on line because the colors must be just right. I am looking forward very much to starting that project.

No comments: