02 July, 2010

Aggravation level HIGH

I am sure I have ranted about people and the parking garage before but .... gahhhh!!! I drove in today because it was raining and I had worked from home yesterday. I was at the left turn signal to the garage and there was a big line up at the gate. While I was waiting for the light to change I had seen a person with a traffic vest on near the entrance so I assumed that there was something wrong with the gate. But then I saw 3 or 4 cars go through it, swiping their cards as usual, so I made the turn. Another two people went through then it was a person at the gate, one in front of me and the person at the gate kept swiping her card and nothing happened. Now I know I've said this before too -- isn't the definition of crazy doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome? How many times was she going to swipe her card before she figured out that she wasn't allowed to use this garage for some reason? At about swipe number 50 the woman right in front of me got out, swiped HER card and let that person through. Anyone see a problem with this? So then Good Samaritan pulls up and swipes her card again for herself and the gate doesn't open. Did you see that coming? I sure did!! So then she starts the swipe and swipe and swipe again, expecting the gate to open. Finally I got out of my car and told her that the gate was never going to open for her because she had already used it to swipe the other person into the garage. And so we all had to back up so that she could make the turn and find someone to help her. Arghghghgh!!!

The dizziness did not go away on Wednesday, nor did the exhaustion even after 3 strong cups of tea, so it finally dawned on me that perhaps I hadn't been suffering from lack of sleep but rather had a little bug. Indeed I left work and went home to bed and slept the rest of the afternoon, got up for a bite to eat and was back in bed at 8 and slept through the night. I had chills so I worked from home yesterday and really didn't start feeling normal until dinnertime last night. I was still fighting to stay awake at 9:30 but I got a decent night's sleep and I feel fine today. I did wake up in the middle of the night because Tinkerbell was sleeping under the bed, right under me as she usually does and snoring like crazy! She's just out of reach -- she's no dummy -- so I had to knock on the bed frame to wake her up. You wouldn't believe how loudly that little dog can snore!

Rain rain and more rain - it is the 4th of July holiday weekend so of course it's going to rain. The forecast is for nice and HOT weather next week, but it rained last night and it is expected to remain cloudy with showers through Sunday. Mr. M does the sound for the Bellevue 4th celebration which includes mic-ing the entire symphony orchestra. That's a lot of equipment to transport and set up so they start today. Unfortunately it is held in a park and the parks department doesn't want those big trucks driving over the grass to set up the stage and sound systems when the grass is wet. I sure am glad I don't have to deal with that. I am not going to be attending the fireworks show this year and Mr. M is not happy about it. But it is SUCH a hassle and it's not worth it. Although I get special parking I still have to deal with the traffic getting out of there and it's a nightmare. Last year my sister and her boyfriend were here and it was okay because we had a nice dinner beforehand, I had people to talk to and people to go home with. Mr. M certainly can't be spending time with me because he's overseeing this huge production so I am left on my own and it is boring. [wow, I'm ranting up a storm today, aren't I?]

I did finish up the Annis and blocked it. It's not as big, width-wise, as is called for in the pattern. I got the wing span but I didn't want to stretch it out that much to get to 16" at the widest part so it's more like 12". I will take pictures this weekend. I would call it more of a scarf than a shawl. I am sure I'll use it a lot. Today I brought my Mirabella cardigan to do a few rows at lunchtime. I am working on the arm holes for the fronts. I actually need another portable project. Maybe another scarf/shawlette?

No comments: