14 July, 2010

I hate it when this happens

I got to work today, pulled my clothes out of the pannier to get changed and found that my tunic has a couple of big ol' spots on it! It's a really cute peach linen tunic and obviously I hung it up without taking a good look at it last time. I was dithering around this morning trying to find something to wear, decided on this and now I have to spend the day in a spotty dress. I guess I'll just have to pretend it happened this morning. Annoying though.

Last Sunday we went to Ballard to the Seafood Fest and ran across a French restaurant that looked interesting. Mr. M wanted to out to eat last night so that's where we ended up. First of all, let me say that Ballard had come a LONG way lately. It is very gentrified. Tons of new, interesting restaurants. Many of them had outdoor dining areas so people could bring their dogs and be sitting there having a nice drink or a meal. Really nice! And the restaurant we went to was fabulous too. They grow their own greens in raised beds on the roof of the building! I skipped the starter and had chicken and shared an order of fennel gratin with Mr. M who had a nice beef carpaccio starter and stuffed quail. I skipped the starter so that I could have dessert and that was totally the right decision. Although I couldn't finish it I had a super delicious creme brulee.

Stuffed and satisfied, I came home and played with Tinkerbell for a little while and then went up to read and fall asleep. I wanted to knit but I was too sleepy. I brought my cashmere bandit for noon knitting today and I am determined to get the sleeves sewn into that cardigan this weekend so that I can finish it up! Saturday is going to be a bit busy since it's Mr. M's youngest daughter's birthday and I have to bake a cake and host a dinner. Lucky for me I should have rehearsal that evening and be able to sneak away. If I can't get the energy up to do it on Saturday then Sunday for sure.

No comments: