29 July, 2010

My curmudgeonly ways

Sometimes I think I'm channeling some grouchy little old man, but I can't seem to stop myself.  People just make me crazy sometimes!  Today it's those infuriating bike racers.  Those men in their silly little spandex outfits who feel that they must go for a personal speed record every time they get on their bikes to ride to work.  They are dangerous and rude and never call out when they pass or ring their bell .... they just zip right by, preferably close enough to brush arms.  I was going around a walker this morning when some ass zoomed around me so close that I felt the breeze.  What a colossal jerk.  That's why, when I come across one of them on the side of the trail all bloodied up with their pals around them I don't even feel sorry for them. 

I'm trying to decide what to get myself for my birthday this year.  Usually I splurge on something but I can't think of anything in particular I want.  I've been buying yarn and my stash is good, so that's out.  I need some new fingerless biking gloves, but that's not very sexy.  I'd like some Nike running shoes so I could use the iPhone app but my shoes are still good.  I'll come up with something.

No comments: