20 July, 2010

If my head could have exploded .....

it surely would have yesterday evening. I have had a couple of young men doing weeding for me -- a few hours here and there. They couldn't come on the weekend so they came yesterday. I told Mr. M what I wanted done so that he could tell them. Specifically, I wanted the big weeds pulled from the south side of the house, then the rest of the time spent on the rockery-type bed we have in the back of the house. What did I find when I got home people? First I noticed that NOTHING had been done in the back. Curious as to what 2 young men could have done in three hours I checked the south side of the house and found that they had not only pulled the dozen or so offending large weeds but completely and utterly obliterated the ground cover!!!! Are you KIDDING ME??!!! This was beautiful and now ..... oh I can't even start to think about it without grinding my teeth! I am beyond mad. No more gardening gets done around here unless I can supervise. This has always been my nightmare with gardeners -- that I would come home and find that they had destroyed some beautiful and expensive part of the garden and now it has come true. I am going to have to find more ground cover ASAP before I have another field of weeds growing in and around the rest of the plants. How .... I mean really I can't figure out how they could have mistaken those plants for weeds! I haven't been able to call the guy because I know I'd be too mad to talk sensibly. Maybe in a few days. *sigh*

So, I am working from home today because the dishwasher broke Sunday night and I've got a repairman on his way today. Perfect timing because Mr. M is in Oregon and will be bringing his son home tomorrow, so it's a lovely 24 plus hours of peace and solitude.

I have been struggling with insomnia lately which is good for the knitting because I was able to sit up and finish the Mirabella Cardigan last night. I am not all that keen on how the collar turned out and the button band, which is crocheted, looks like a ruffle where the loops are. Hopefully blocking will take care of both of those little problems. I want to get the buttons first before I block, plus my favorite blocking place, the spare bed, is going to be taken up for a couple weeks so I have to wait or find another place to lay out my projects. Here's a picture, unblocked.

Here are a couple pictures of my cashmere "198 yds. of Heaven", blocked.


No comments: