21 July, 2010

What's worse?

I don't know if it's worse to not be able to fall asleep or to wake up early and not be able to get back to sleep. And I don't know why I'm having all these sleep issues now! I am walking around in a daze -- or rather I should say stumbling around in a daze. I drove in today because I had lots of things to bring in and honestly I don't know if I should have been driving! I am that tired. I've got to make myself go to bed early tonight. Earlier anyway.

I had a busy day yesterday, working from home and waiting for the repairman. When he finally got there it took him oh ... about one minute to fix the dishwasher. Maybe two. It wouldn't drain and I told him when he arrived that I had taken the filters out of the bottom and nothing seemed to be stuck and I'd pushed the "Cancel and Drain" button twice to no avail. He said, pointing to the silver cap on the sink, "Did you check there"? Well, no I did not because I didn't know that was an option. I read the troubleshooting guide for the appliance and it did not mention that. He lifted the cap, unlatched the top of the tube and voila! A toothpick sized piece of wood was wedged in there stopping up the drain. I looked like one of the letter candles Mr. M had put on the birthday cake Saturday. Nice to have the dishwasher back anyway.

I tried out Ravelry's new pattern search yesterday and it is awesome! Very nicely done. You can search now with tons more attributes. I started a new project last night. I'm making another Green Gable, this one with some blue Debbie Bliss cotton angora that I've had forever. The same yarn as the Mirabella Cardigan but a deeper blue color. I love the feel of that yarn but I don't like the way it splits. And I thought again about frogging the white pullover I started with the angora yarn but it's just so pretty. I think I'll pick it up again. I'm doing a modified Simple Knitted Bodice. I am sure I would wear a white deep V-necked pullover if I can ever finish it!

No comments: