25 February, 2011

And escape we shall!

Thank goodness the weather cooperated and the roads are clear, so Tink and I are heading south after lunch to the Oregon coast for the weekend.  It's going to be great!  It might even snow there, which would be awesome.  Snow at the ocean.  I am going to walk on the beach and eat clam chowder and just be.  I brought a book and some knitting and, of course, my iPhone is loaded up with movies and TV, plus I can get Netflix movies on my iPhone as well.   I won't be bored, that's for sure.  I couldn't remember the name of the hotel my sister and I stayed in the time we visited Cannon Beach and the ones that came up on the search were either WAY too expensive or didn't accept pets, so I chose Seaside and got a place on the beach.  Unfortunately they didn't have any pet friendly rooms available with a view of the beach but that's okay.  I'll ask again when I check in.  Maybe someone canceled. 

It was snowing at lunchtime yesterday so I didn't end up running.  It is extremely cold today and I'm not going to run before we get on the road.  I'll have to double my efforts next week.  And/or do some running this weekend.  I'll bring my running clothes with me just in case I get the urge.

I feel good today.  Maybe it's the abundant sunshine.  More likely it's the sense of impending freedom.  AND the sunshine.

No comments: