22 February, 2011

The very picture of sloth

I did as I said I would and slept and slept and slept some more during the long weekend.  It was wonderful to not be sleep deprived.  I did wake up, but knowing that I didn't have the alarm going off at 6:15 somehow made it easier for me to get back to sleep.  The weather was not too bad - it was cold but not wet.  Tinkerbell got loooong walks all three days and I spread my errands and chores out so every day I had a good amount of time to just knit and listen to my audiobooks or play scrabble or whatever.  At one point on Sunday I was sprawled on the couch listening to my audiobook, not even knitting because my arm was bit sore from the purling and I was thinking how lazy is this?  I am not even reading a book, just listening to it!  I finished it up yesterday afternoon.  Another good narrator.  The book was set in Scotland.  Here's an odd coincidence - the two books I had listened to prior to this last one, "Skippy Dies" and "Dead Ex" both had young boys fascinated with string theory and M theory.  I had heard of string theory but never M theory and here it was referenced in two disparate novels.

There was snow on the car windows and in the garden.  It must have gotten very cold last night.  It is only 36 now.  It is supposed to remain very cold this week.  It's sunny though so fingers crossed it stays that way since I have to drive in tomorrow and Thursday.

Lots to do this week.  I shall get cracking.

No comments: