15 February, 2011

Public Transport Tuesday

The La Nina weather has kicked in with a vengeance.  I didn't have a run yesterday because it was lashing rain and windy and I wasn't into going out there and getting soaked.   And that's too bad because it was stuffy and hot in my office even with the fan going full blast.  I was sitting at my desk in a sleeveless tunic!  Oh how I hate this office!!  I had to walk Tink when I got home and the rain, which had slacked of some, started up again in earnest.  We were only out for a few minutes but by the time I got home I was completely soaked!  My pants, my socks, my hair was dripping because I hadn't tucked it up under my hat.  Thankfully I had a new raincoat on so my upper body stayed dry.  What a mess.  And it was going on most of the night as well. 

This morning it is calm but I don't trust the weather so I decided it would be better to take the bus.  I didn't want to chance having to bike home in the wind and pouring rain.  That is no fun at all.   I am hoping the rain will hold off a bit so I can at least get in a half hour run today.  It's a month away from the race I want to run in March and I've got to get serious about training. 

I cast on for the sleeves of the Tepotzlan last night after dinner.  Frankly I am not loving this project but I am determined to finish it and so I am soldiering on with a set jaw.  I WILL finish it and soon, I hope.

I spent all of yesterday afternoon struggling with another programming problem.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: