08 February, 2011

A great listen

I finished listening to "Skippy Dies" yesterday evening while I was walking Tink.  I believe I got more from listening to this book than I could have had reading it.  The entire cast was wonderful and subtle.  Also, I have noticed many times when there is singing in a book the narrator doesn't take the time to learn the song and sing it but rather just recites it or makes up a tune.  Not so in this one and it makes a big difference.  Read it or listen to it.  Well worth the time.

Yesterday I did an hour on the trail at lunchtime using the Nike+ GPS app for my iPhone.  It works flawlessly.  In other words, I did not need to buy the sensor.  The app is only $1.99 and is accurate.  If you don't have an iPhone then the sensor is the only way you can go.  I wish they had told me that at the store.  The saleswoman had given me the wrong sensor and the one ringing me up had noticed the iPhone and said that I only needed the sensor but that's not true.  All I really needed was the app.  Oh well, I like the shoes although I didn't wear them yesterday since I was going to do a whole hour and my foot was a bit sore last time.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with the shoes though because it was a bit sore yesterday as well when I wore my Pumas.  It's not hurting today so I think I'm okay.

Bad mood persisting.

No comments: